The Burning Question Surrounding Trump

Samuel Boulos '21, News Writer

Donald Trump has been an extremely controversial figure ever since he announced his campaign for president in June 2015. The race between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was filled with shocking statements from both sides and many alarming secrets being exposed. Even after winning the election, Trump’s nonstop stream of buzz and tweets have not come to an end. This presidency is unlike any seen before in history and now it is completely possible that Donald Trump will become the third president ever impeached in the history of the United States of America. There are many reasons why he is being impeached but there are also arguments against the impeachment.

One reason that he is in the process of impeachment is due to his dealings with Ukraine. A phone call between Trump and Ukranian president Volodymyr Zelensky was intercepted on July 25 and includes Trump urging Zelensky to investigate a conspiracy theory involving Joe Biden, his opponent in the upcoming election, in order to do damage to Biden’s name. Legal analyst, Michael Gerhardt, said that “when the Framers talked about impeachable offenses, they mentioned the President engaging in a corrupt relationship with a foreign power.”

500 Internal Server Error- bt365在线

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

Some people within our community at Wilmington Friends School also have opinions on the impeachment of President Donald Trump, but many do not pay attention to the events of the impeachment. When asked, Teddy Devoll ‘21, said “I don’t know. I don’t really pay attention to it.” This response was common among WFS students and faculty. Sarah O’Brien, high school chemistry teacher said, “I honestly have not been following it. That’s why I am the worst person to ask about this because I truly do not pay attention to it. My husband makes fun of me all the time.” One WFS student, Ava Cottone ‘20 said, “I think he should be impeached because he is a cheater and a fake.” Many people are not well enough informed about the impeachment.

Overall, the impeachment could end up going either way. There are valid arguments on both sides of the conversation. Trump could be impeached for merely withholding the money for a short amount of time if the democrats have enough votes. However, it is still early in the case and there is much that can still happen. It will be interesting to see the outcome.